Tuesday, July 15, 2014

DIY Personalized Bridesmaids Gifts: Monogrammed (Part 1)



Before I got married, I looked all over Pinterest for ideas for gifts for our bridal party. I saw some great ideas and plenty of ideas that just weren't us. It was hard and the ideas I liked didn't exactly fit into our wedding budget. I decided to take these on myself. 

I had 4 bridesmaids, 2 junior bridesmaids, and a flower girl. I also made one for my mom, my mother in law, and myself  =).

Supplies:
  • Your computer and printer
  • Font Download : Vine Monogram by Font Brothers. Please note that this license is for personal use only and can not be used to create and sell products. 
Step 1: Open up a Powerpoint Document.This will probably work in Microsoft Word, or any word processing tool. I just prefer Powerpoint because you have the flexibility of moving the text around the page. Then open up a text box by clicking Insert> text box> and then clicking on your page to open the text box.  


Step 2: Type in your monogram using the font Vine Monograms. 
* Tip * When you use this font youre going to use lowercase letters to type the first and middle initial ( the edges) and caps to type the middle initial. Here, I typed the initials in that order in standard font, and then changed it to the monogram font. 



Step 3: Adjust the font size. I found that size 80 fit nicely on these hangers. Experiment. Eyeball it and then cut it out and hold it on your hanger. 


 When you're done- print it out. Make sure you print it on regular printer paper. You will be "carving" through the paper- so thick paper will just make it harder on you. You can reuse old paper with writing on it if that is all that is available. 


Part 2: Transferring your Design onto the Hanger
Click here to see what comes next!


Questions? Comment.




No comments:

Post a Comment